MWL Women’s project working in Tropoje is not only working at grassroots with beneficiary groups in the outlying villages, but it also has a center in the city called Bajram Curri. This MWL centre began operating in July, 2015. The center opened in order to provide services to women in the areas where MWLW operates in the north and to combat trafficking in persons. There is now an opportunity for all women to receive services or to be oriented to receive them.
The MWL centre offers the following services:
– Psychological support for women to deal with the trauma of abuse and domestic violence, to empower them emotionally and to overcome distress;
– Orients and accompanies the women to the service providers and follows up their cases till the solution is achieve;
– Socializing and economic activities and training workshops for the economic empowerment of the women’s group;
– This center also holds meetings with associates of MWL, in the area;
– It also provides information for the community in the fight against anti-trafficking;
– Training of leaders;
The functioning and effective provision of services in the MWL centre is the priority for our
work. The aim is to achieve a free and healthy society.