The RENATE Working Board members and staff, gathered at the Mount St. Joseph Retreat House, in Mosta, Malta. It was a week of facilitated review, reflection, sharing of best practice and bonding. It was a week of work where daily Mass and specially/ prepared Liturgies served to give perspective and anchor us in our work.
Full report available at: RENATE Annual Working Board meeting, 6-11 November, 2017. St. Joseph’s Retreat Centre, Malta.
Many different organisations, committed to working against trafficking in persons, unite in a joint declaration to bring attention to this subject. They call on governments and civic organisations to unite and to increase their commitment to reduce this crime, especially among the migrant population, asylum seekers and refugees who are the in most vulnerable situations and among the principal groups subjected to trafficking in persons.
We invite you to:
- read the declaration and publish it on social media;
- publish the banner on Facebook;
- dedicate a time of prayer, or a minute of silence to remember the victims of trafficking . If you wish you can download the prayer from the website of the world day of prayer and reflection against trafficking, which is available in different languages at the site http://preghieracontrotratta.org/;
- send this declaration to other governmental and non-governmental organisations in your country who are also committed to anti-trafficking.
Please click here for full information: http://www.talithakum.info/news/84/world-day-against-trafficking-in-persons-july-30-2017
Sr. Gabriella Bottani.
Coordinator Talitha Kum.
Dear participants of the EU Civil Society Platform against THB,
Following from the meeting of the Platform of 30-31 May 2017, please find attached the power point presentations as follows:
- An overview of the EU Anti-trafficking action at a glance which is also publicly available on the EU Anti-raffickingwebsite: https://ec.europa.eu/anti-trafficking/publications/eu-anti-trafficking-action-2012-2016-glance_en
- “Navigating EU Funding”session. Please be informed that national programmes under shared management (AMIF, ISF-Police and ISF-Borders) are available on the national website of the Responsible Authority.
- “Commission’s year of focused actions to combat violence against women”, you can find the presentation attached as well as relevant information concerning available funding at this link (Daphne calls):http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/rec/index.html#c,c
A personal message from the EU Anti-Trafficking Coordinator.
‘’Thank you for your active participation and contributions to the biannual meetings. Your work is crucial in assisting, protecting and supporting victims of trafficking, in contributing shaping local, regional, national and EU policies; and your diversity brings a crucial value added to our joint efforts.
During the meeting last week, in workshops and networking breaks, several of you shared experiences and ideas, mentioned reports, made references to upcoming and foreseen events. We wish to encourage you once more to consider all these examples as input to be shared with all participants to the e-Platform. It is important to ensure we make full use of this instrument to give continuity to discussions, both making and input and receiving information, and that we involve those additional NGOs that are not included in the meetings.
Best regards and looking forward to hearing from you,’’
Office of the EU Anti-Trafficking Coordinator.
Prepared by Anne Kelleher, RENATE Communications Person.